Wednesday, April 2, 2008

You! I'm a Geek!

Stop me if you've heard this one...ok, that's probably all 4 of you. How about, indulge me? When Jon was serving a mission for our church back in the day - like 18 years ago or something - some punk Italian kids wanted Jon to teach them how to swear in English. Ok - duh. They're on church assignment. So, Jon told them that the phrase "You! (while pointing at someone) I'm a geek!" was a total insult to someone. Ha ha ha. Well, in a recent retelling, the kids, particularly Calvin, picked up on the punchline. He goes around to everyone saying, "You! I'm a geek!" But what's really funny/humiliating about this is that it really comes out like this: "You! Ugly!"

3 comments:

Jodie said...

With his curls and cuteness, I think he could get away with more that "You Ugly!" Looks like you had a great spring break, so glad you got to enjoy, even if you did have kids plus a dog in tow.

Allie said...

Too funny! He's such a cutie. Is he two already? I can't remember how much older he is than Mylie.

Rachel said...

Hi-larious. It reminds me of the time we were at the Grand Lux Cafe in a public bathroom and my Kate is pooping and suddenly yells, "Mom, I dropped a big log today!".

Mortification.