Friday, April 11, 2008

Flour Tortillas and Marijuana

Last night: It started with one little innocent white flour tortilla, and then it was two. Then it snowballed into half a bag of Reese mini cups... Today: Blood sugar unsatisfied, it culminated into an "All You Can Eat" pizza buffet where the dessert pizza beckoned...often.
The 'it' I speak of is my addiction to 'white' food - curse you! To quote my friend Audrey: I hate myself for loving you! The flour tortiallas are a gateway drug in the way that drug experts call marijuana a gateway drug...and how exactly does one become a drug expert? Maybe they're all just half-loaded sociologists running amok in the inner-city? I digress. Then comes the hard stuff and the fiending. Sigh. And, in a way that only irony can strike back, all in my gym clothes.

5 comments:

Jodie said...

My problem is this, the past 2 days I have gotten up, put on my gym clothes, dropped kids off at school and then decide that instead of working out I should run errands and get things done while I only have 1 in tow. Atleast you can say you've been to the gym, me I just dress like I'm going. P.S. Is your trampoline still in one piece?

Rachael said...

No, trampoline is a mess. However, like the 6 Million Dollar man, Jon thinks he can rebuild it...

Jessica said...

I know! PPP is so fun to get out and talk with other adults, but the food doesn't exactly fit with going to the gym. That's why I just skipped the gym altogether today. Ha.

Jodie said...

I thought of you when I went to grab a tortilla out of my fridge today. Have you ever had the raw tortilla's that you heat over the stove?? Oh my my, I get them at costco and they are good! Not to encourage you to eat more or anything, but just in case you didn't happen to know, I just wanted to inform you.

Jodie said...

where are you? i am needing a rachael fix!