Friday, April 18, 2008

Mom Pickups

For years, Jon has been telling me to write a book about how to 'pick up' moms. I attribute my 'ability' to 'pick up' moms to what I'm sure is adult ADD, really poor impulse control, and a voracious sociological fascination with what people do all day.
Today...(gasp!)...I was picked up!!!
It was really quite flattering...I was at the gym - the great and spacious building I go to SIX TIMES A WEEK (I should look like Giselle Bundchen but don't). This mom who I see all the time (and who commented a couple of weeks back that she really liked my workout top - again, flattery will get you EVERYWHERE with me) introduced herself and told me that she saw me at the gym a lot and was looking for a serious work out partner. Might I be interested? (The other IRONY to all of this is that a year ago I would have mocked the current me for even BELONGING to a gym. Ha!) After I stopped laughing at her use of the word 'serious', we exchanged info and discovered that we live about 800 feet away from each other, and I've put her displaced mail in her mailbox when it shows up at my house.
However, I have not had Jodie's good fortune of having a personal trainer offer to work with me...for free.
Socially, it's been a fun week. My parents have been in town to help me with my troops while Jon is finishing up some PITA projects. I've met up with some fun moms the past two Fridays (even though I show up an hour late and eat tons of food 'laced' with white flour) Amy, Jessie, Rachel, and chat with another mom friend regularly even though we keep missing each other for lunch - Heidi. I tend to go in and out of hermit-tude, so it's been nice to see the light of day.
Yeah, and can you tell that I JUST figured out how to make hotlinks and add music?

6 comments:

Allie said...

Wow! Small world that she lives so close to you. Good thing it was a positive experience, otherwise 800 feet could prove extremely awkward.

Rachael said...

True, true.

Jessica said...

You're so hot! I think I need some "mom pickup" lessons from you.

The Dragonfly said...

I don't think I've ever "picked up" a mom . . . before I got to the point of the post I thought you would be giving tips to men to pick up moms, since you got picked up in the Target. Hee hee.

Yay for you on the links and music.

Rachael said...

A clarification...pick up is a silly term...I just meet all sorts of people because the words come out of my mouth as soon as they hit my brain. My brain-to-mouth filter is totally broken.

Jodie said...

When the book comes out let me know because I want a personal signed copy!! It's now April 22nd so
BTW HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!!!!!!