Monday, March 31, 2008

Spring Break 2008

Ever notice how it's so much harder to write about something when more and more time elapses? So, highlights. We journeyed down to Austin with Jon on business and then onto San Antonio.
Austin: Happy to see Angela and company. Only the VanD's are worth that much traffic. Fun times include the children's museum, playing with the VDW's rabbit, and spending an inordinate amount of time at Lifetime. What can I say? I was staying in a small hotel room with 3 kids and a dog; you bet I took my kids to free child care for a little bit!!! And, do you know how I know Angela is a good friend? She VOLUNTARILY changed a Calvin diaper. A poopy one. Anyone who has read this blog knows that can be pretty risky.

San Antonio: We crashed at the McKinlay pad while in San Antonio - dog and all. Highlights include: a super delicious Easter dinner complete with homemade rolls (my kids didn't know that rolls came from anywhere outside a tube I bang against the counter) and Easter egg hunt, Alex's retelling of 'a black box' that those 'computer guys' left in his house for his discovery a month later, and a late night involving Alex, Jon, and I trying to figure out how to sync Alex and my iPods...which quickly disinterested Alex and I (for photo albums instead) while Jon tinkered for hours. Jon later commented that he felt like the geek doing the cool kids' homework. Perhaps a 'had to be there' moment. And, yeah, I don't know WHAT happened to my hair that Sunday - total Whitesnake hair.


















1 comment:

Jessie said...

Looks like it was a fun trip. I can't believe how curly Calvin's hair is!
I love it. He has grown a lot since you left.