Monday, May 18, 2009

Abort Mission!

I ran into a friend at church yesterday who asked me why I hadn't posted in a while. I'd responded that Facebook makes me lazy...and uncreative. It also robs me of my forum for blowing off parenting steam. (But it totally satisfies my adult onset ADD...).
True to form, lest this be considered among the 'my family is so perfect, come read about them' blogs, I am ranting and soliciting...
With summer lurking around the corner...do you love how it 'lurks' these days as oppposed to 'approaches'?...I'm afraid. My kids fight more than I can stand. Mackey needs an anger management course - I wonder if Jack Nicholson is available? Seriously? I almost sent this kid to school in his underwear cuz he was freakin out so hard about getting dressed. Getting them to do chores effectively and efficiently is taking years off my life (but don't worry, I hate housework too much to cave).
I stumbled upon a great little parenting blog through my local newspaper that promises quick parenting tips or, in my case, reminders.
Please. Wish me luck...and ideas if you have them. Remember, I didn't grow up with siblings. So, I'm WOEFULLY lacking in practical experience.

6 comments:

The Dragonfly said...

I love it when you blog and wish you would do it more often. Facebook just doesn't cut it. I too am wondering what the summer will bring - especially adding a bambino to the mix. Should I just surrender now?

ReBecca said...

Sorry to read about Berkely. He was such a "hot dog" of a dog! I love that you blog at least once a month, perhaps that could be a New Years Goal for next year. :)
Love & Miss you guys! ReBes

ReBecca said...

Oops, I need to clarify that last comment... What I meant was MY New Year's Goal for 2010, not yours.
Always love your notes!

Rachael said...

ReBes: I've been woefully non-communicative. It's the final (freakin) stretch for school. How are you? We're ok. Good. I think of you everytime I buy cute jeans.

Heidi said...

Is it inappropriate for me to say that your kid is HOT??!!! Can we just make arrangements now for him and Kate? Sure, she's a year older, but big deal.

Jessie said...

I feel the same way! I have totally slacked on my blog because of face book!