Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Party in My Bathroom

My morning started with a party. A Star Wars party. In my bathroom.
As I was getting ready for the day, Calvin made an evasive move into my bathroom:
Calvin: "Mom! Darth Vadar out dare!"
Me: "This early in the morning?"
Calvin: "Mom! Goo guys out dare, too!"
Me: "They must be really tired."
Calvin: "We have to save them!"
Me: "Okee dokee, artichokee."
Next thing I know, the little boy who scandalously picks his nose, snickers as he burps, and farts for laughs was cordially (where did the sense of urgency go?!) inviting his imaginary Star Wars friends into our secret hide out. The funniest thing? He looked at me rather impatiently when I didn't formally greet our 'guests'...because acknowledgement of the rebel forces clearly wasn't enough.
Calvin: "Mom, this is Rex."
Me: "Hi, Rex."
Calvin (looking rather expectantly at me)...
Me: "Nice to meet you, Rex."
...and so on to the rest of the forces.
The saga continued into my shopping foray as well. We went to The Rack where Calvin rattled on and on and on (which is really endearing) about how he would be build me a ship with the help of Rex and Ben 10 (sometimes we combine our overly violent cartoons) and escape the Null Void...much to the entertainment of all the ladies around us.

1 comment:

Joyner Family said...

I love it. Such an awesome little dude. But seriously, don't you love it that your kids love star wars? I think it teaches great moral lessons and I'm grateful for it. Plus, its entertaining. Kudos to George Lucas. I would love to have Calvin and Mackey over sometime and let them go to town with all things star wars over here.