Thursday, August 28, 2008

The Potty Train and First Day of School






Lately, we've been trying to familiarize Calvin with the concept of potty-training. Everyone goes pee pee and poo poo on the potty. No one else wears diapers, and pretty soon he'll wear underwear like everyone else. Potty train, potty train, potty train. Yada yada yada.

Fast foward to Target a couple of nights ago... We were getting some toys for the kids, and Calvin got a wooden train set. He was SOOOOO excited and our potty discussions must be making an impact as evidenced by the following:

"Look mama! Look mama! A potty train for Calvin!! Hurray potty train!"



"Parting is such sweet sorrow..." unless you've spent the summer all over each other. We all gleefully went our separate ways after dropoff...(I almost did the Toyota jump!).

5 comments:

King Family said...

I so almost did the Toyota Jump too! Now if I can just stay grounded until Danielle starts preschool on Tuesday. She is literally talking my ear off without her sisters around. Ugh!
Love the Potty Train!!!!! Kids are so cute! So did you end up getting it for him??? Incentive???

Rachael said...

There will be no pottytraining right away. I'm too tired.

The Dragonfly said...

I totally can't find your new email address - but wanted to tell you to go check out Stephenie Meyer's webpage today and partake in the Midnight Sun sorrow.

Never did read the copy you mentioned, but thought you'd want to read her reaction anyway.

Jessie said...

Calvin cracks me up! Sienna isn't even close to wanting to potty train......
I too am usually not too excited for the kids to go back to school but this year man oh man I am counting the hours till they go!

Jodie said...

Oh the joys of back to school! Before Steve left he said "Mason may not be in diapers when I get back!" My response, oh yes he will. Needless to say, there will be no big boy underwear when he meet him at the airport in a few weeks!