Wednesday, August 6, 2008

Brevity

Brevity...
As in this post and a friendly visit.
This post is brief because I'm totally caught up in the sensual tension...in Twilight (as opposed to the lack thereof...er...outside of Twilight). Yes, yes...I should have picked it up sooner. It's a perfect summer read. Since the author is Mormon, does this count as scripture study? =).
My friend, Danielle, called for a brief visit and was like, "I just got cute clothes in the mail...can I bring them by to show you and bring you a loaf bread I baked and leave so I can get my kids down by 7:30?" It just made my day. The unexpected drop-by visit is just so familiar and comfortable. Don't you just love those?
Now back to Edward. Oh, and I saw who they've cast in those roles for the movie. Samantha? I think Edward needs to be HOTter. For the record.

5 comments:

Allie said...

Alice and Rosalie were the only two that I felt matched their description in the cast. I think that Edward fell short, but how could he not, when over and over again they talk about his immortal good looks. Maybe we'll end up being surprised (let's hope) and agree with the casting agents in the end. Emmett doesn't look so huge and Jasper comes off much stranger than I had envisioned him. I suppose they did need to cast people who could act, rather than just play good looking mutes. At least Zac Efron won't be Edward. As long as there isn't ever a musical incarnation of Twilight we should be safe. Who would you have cast for Twilight?

King Family said...

Rachel...I am so glad you read Twilight...now you just have to get through the other 3 books.
I would have cast Shane West as Edward. I do like the choice for Bella & Alice though. I think they totally fit what I was picturing in my head.

Jessie said...

Conwey's family is OBSESSED with this book. So much so that they went out at midnight while we were at the beach to get the lastest one Breaking Dawn.
Conwey's mom gave me her copy of Twilight because they want me on the bandwagon I guess...but Hunter picked it up and hasn't put it down since....
I guess I will have to start it when he's done.

The Dragonfly said...

There is no possible way on earth that they could have met the expectations of millions of women and girls wishes, desires and dreams for the perfect Edward. He simply does not exist - he is only in your mind. :P

Rachael said...

Ok, but I think there are a couple of close proximities...that haven't been cast in the film. Although, the actor seems to have mastered 'brooding'.