Wednesday, August 13, 2008

Breaking Dawn...About When I Finished


I've joined the obsessive ranks of those people fanatic about these books. After a week, I finished all 4 of the books. Satisfied in that I love, Love, LOVE a happy ending where loose ends are tied up. There's also a bit of a let down...like after you finish training for something and the event is over.

THIS IS SO WEIRD FOR ME. But I actually feel a...a...void? Those characters are so COMPELLING. And when written in the first person as it was - the emotions just capture you.

In fact, if Jon hadn't taken Twilight with him, I may very well be reading that again instead of pathetically cataloging my need to talk about this BOOK!

Anyone else? Maybe I should stop documenting my weirdness for future posterity...

4 comments:

King Family said...

I had to ask David if I was nuts? I could literally not stop thinking about these books (I still can't stop). He said that he was that way with the Harry Potter books so I felt a little bit better that about my "obsession". I have read all of the books 5 times now (or listened to them on mp3 anyway). Call me if you need to talk about the books! I can't wait for the movie now!

The Dragonfly said...

Gosh Rachel, if I'd have known you hadn't read em, I'd have mentioned them about a year ago! I also enjoyed this series immensely and recall asking my hubby the morning after I'd stayed up til 4AM reading Twilight, "Are you a vampire? Please tell me you're a vampire." Isn't that just sick!?

It does wear off though and you will get back to normal. If you need more of a fill, you can get on stepheniemeyer.com and read the first couple chapters of Midnight Sun which is Edwards version of Twilight. Then you can watch the movie previews a couple hundred times and see how obsessed the world is about these books! Enjoy.

Jennifer said...

Oh how I wish you were in Austin this week. Tracey (have you met her?) anyways we are crashing a Breaking Dawn bookclub discussion tomorrow at noon. We weren't invited, but we think its open invite. I can't wait to discuss.

My teenage daughters have each read these books about 4 times over.

Rachael said...

I need to understand just what it IS that gets under the skin? I've NEVER had a book take hold like THIS before??? Sigh. Is there a Twilights Anonymous?
And Jenn? If I were in Austin with Jon this week, I'd TOTALLY crash with you.