Thursday, August 14, 2008

Erring on the Side of Obsessiveness

I think I just made that word up. Not as in 'word up' (homie), but Obsessiveness. Or maybe to make a real 'Dubya' out of it, I'd just ad '-ity': obsessivenessity. Perfect.
Ok, I'm totally copying my friend Allie (who rocks) with her alternate casting for Twilight. I'm not so young or hip as to know who young actors are, so I'm going with what I know. A work in progress. Please, please make your contributions. What do YOU think???
Also, I'd like to add a couple of overly popular songs, but they are soo, sooo appropos:
Bleeding Love - Leona Lewis
No Air - Jordin Sparks w/Chris Brown
Bella: cast fine, but I like Allie's suggestion for Danielle Panabaker as well




Edward: Hayden Christensen (um...brooding look? check) or a guy in my ward at church (I know...scandalous, huh)




Charlie: this guy that Allie chose... I can imagine him turning purple. Or Will Patton (far left).







Renee:
Jacob: I like who they have (for a young Jacob)





Carlisle: Aaron Eckhardt or the guy next to him from 'Wings'







Esme: Jennifer Connelly





Alice: well cast
Jasper: what is UP with the guy's hair in the movie poster????! How about Wentworth Miller...or Jesse Spencer...just plug and play






Emmett:
Rosalie: Scarlett Johansen


12 comments:

Allie said...

PERFECT!!!! I love your cast. Obviously, Hollywood chose the wrong casting agents.

King Family said...

I love who they have for Bella. She is totally who I was picturing in my head while I was reading the book. Hayden Christiansen would have been a good Edward, but I have to admit...the guy they chose is slowly growing on me. (I would have loved to see Shane West play Edward also. The Emmett I pictured was more bulky/muscular. The Jasper, I agree, is so not what I pictured...his hair is weird! I hope that I am not going to be too dissappointed with the movie after having read the books so many times while dreaming! sigh...

Rachael said...

Ok, thank you. And, I could pick any guy from my gym as a better Emmett. But at this point, I'm liking that it's an indie crew...even if they're not quite the eyecandy I'd expect.
Edward is growing on me, too.

Jodie said...

good thing I don't belong to your gym, not a good thing with a hubby in Iraq. Not a lot of eye candy in CO! I have a great idea, meaning how Audrey totally got me hooked last year on the books, I think we should all have a girl's weekend and see the movie together. I'm thinking after 7 mos of being a single mom, my hubby would be more than willing to be a single dad for a few days!

The Dragonfly said...

I think Hayden Christensen is gross. Sorry - but I actually like who they've got better.

I like Jennifer Connelly and Scarlett Johanssen for Esme and Rosalie though. I think who they've cast for Rosalie just isn't pretty enough. (mean, I know)

I think Carlisle is supposed to look twentyish - so I think Aaron Eckhart is too old looking - sorry.

And yes, Jasper has weird hair in the movie.

All working for me as currently cast: Emmett, Bella, Charlie, Alice, Jacob and yes - shoot me - Edward.

Rachael said...

Jodie,
What fun! Where are you thinking? Of course, I'm thinking TX, but I'd do VA...

Rachael said...

Samantha,
We'll agree to disagree. However, the Edward that's been cast is growing on me, too.

Allie said...

Ben wants me to let you know about twilightmoms.com if you haven't already discovered it. (Apparently Ben is a twilightmom)

Rachael said...

Unfortunately, I've already been there. And laughed. Has he read the intro? If no/so, it's on the side bar of my blog cuz it makes me laugh every time I think of how girlie I'm being.

King Family said...

Did you hear the good news?@!??
The Twilight movie has been moved to theaters for the November 21st slot! Yay!!!! Woo Hoo!

Tanya said...

Rachael, I'm loving your obsessiveness! Let's all go see them movie.

Rachael said...

I'm apparently loving my obsessiveness, too. How do you like the playlists? Sigh. Reading twilight again.