Wednesday, August 20, 2008

Oh, Yeah, and the Kids but Edward, too



Yep, I still have custody of them even after they've had to mostly fend for themselves while I disengaged...for a while. Has anybody else needed an "un-"reality check so badly before? Three loads of laundary wait to be folded. Cereal...well, let's just say I'm forever in debt to Shredded Wheats and mostly any food that Calvin can get for himself!
School is approaching it's start: August 25th. We're ready. Former-home-school-advocate gone bad. I never thought that I'd join the ranks of the "I-can't-wait"-ers. But I have and am leading the charge. Too much travel disrupted my beautiful, educational, warm and fuzzy plans. No camps. No classes. Just Austin and the pool. Which was a blast. But we all saw a lot of each other. Can you say "personal space please"? I'll be curious if, by, say, Thursday next week I'm missing them so horribly I can feel it. Whenever I get frustrated by my darlings, Remi Candland's voice pops in my head: "How mad can I get at a person who still believes in Santa Claus?"
To less heady discussions...
Back to my backup career as a casting agent/soundtrack...er....uh...maker.
I'm on board. Edward actor is great.


And wouldn't it be great if Jason Patric or Keifer Sutherland made a cameo in the movie? You may need to be a little older to get that reference...


5 comments:

Allie said...

We're getting excited for school to start too. I'm looking forward to regaining some composure. I've been a bit of a short fuse lately, and I'm turning into Miss Hannigan from Annie. Who knows what she used to be like before being swarmed by so many little children. It's just about enough to drive you to drinking...

Rachael said...

Amen, sister. I'm glad I'm not the only one. PERSONAL S P A C E.

The Dragonfly said...

Glad you finally see the light on Robert Pattinson - and glad I'm not the only mom who's about to be committed to the loony bin for lack of personal space! Let the schools begin!

King Family said...

Yea for School Starting! Amen sister friend!
The more I see "Edward" the better I like him. I can't stop thinking about these books even though I have listened to them non stop (maybe that's why I can't stop thinking about them :)
At any rate...I can't wait for the movie, SERIOUSLY!

Tanya said...

We'll have to see if any of your songs make it to the soundtrack!!