Tuesday, October 23, 2007

Uh, I Think I Know What I Believe, Thank You

Poor you guys, my 6 readers. You will get the brunt of rant and rave about a dicey article I heard about tonight. It was about a prominent minister in the Dallas area calling Mormons out as not being Christian in general and presidential hopeful, Mitt Romney, specifically. I know. I was warned that some people, surely not many though!, haven't quite embraced the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints (Mormons) as Christian down here in the Bible belt. It still baffles me though. Baffles me. LOOK AT THE NAME OF THE CHURCH. Anyway, enjoy this link (and yes, I'm using the word enjoy quite sarcastically - think Dr. Cox on Scrubs): http://www.dallasnews.com/sharedcontent/dws/news/politics/national/stories/101807dnnatromney.340675e.html. Now, let's say after reading that article, you might wonder what on earth I do believe that would cause such a stir? Here's a link that I sincerely hope you enjoy (and I'm being sincere - think Snow White or Cinderella): http://mormon.org.
Ok, back to our regular programming...which will include uploads of Calvin wielding a knife.

2 comments:

Allie said...

I realize how often I just accept what I read in the paper or online or watch on the news. However, when it is actually a topic that I know about, I am always SHOCKED at how often facts are misconstrued or inaccurately reported. Yikes. Are you unpacked more or less yet? Are you still living at Lifetime?

The Dragonfly said...

Boy do I have a link for you! Check this one out Rachael - this article in your news is just the tip of the iceberg on inaccurate reporting about our faith and the upcoming presidential race- but I really like the way this guy is able to take the misconstrued facts and sort them out for the average "non-Mormon" and Mormon alike: www.romneyexperience.com
Let me know what you think!