Monday, October 15, 2007

Suburban Refugees 2

This is how we've been living...on the outside, it looks like we're livin' large...on the inside, refugees in suburbia.

A cardboard box served for a kitchen table for 2 weeks...and it served us well. For instance: I can't even tell you how many times I sang the song of (enter violins): "I have three little, little kids and we haven't had (FILL IN THE BLANK) for a couple of weeks now. I'm sure I don't need to tell YOU how crazy this all is...We're using a moving box as a kitchen table! Is there anything you can do to help us out?" I got my fridge installed for free; my washer and dryer installed for free; free shipping from several of my favorite online retailers; my phone, tv, and internet rushed. People would see that cardboard box (or I would tell them about it) and just have PITY on us. There's the closet...anyone who knows me knows that I'm a girl that likes to arrange her closet by color and sleeve length with matching hangers...thank you very much. This was...ugh! Messin' with my mojo!
Oh...that picture of Calvin's naked booty? Who doesn't enjoy seeing dimples on someone else's behiney??? Did I mention that he's walking...scratch that...running (like a drunken sailor)?

If I can figure out how they do the virtual tours for real estate, I'll try that for the new house. Just keep in mind the beige warning!

2 comments:

The Dragonfly said...

I'm fully expecting you to tell us that your children have had a complete heyday with that pile of empty boxes in the kitchen! Seriously, when we moved here, but before I'd located the toys, all my kids did for days was play with empty boxes. Is there any greater toy for a kid?

Allie said...

Wow! Your house looks so fun. I HATE moving. All the packing, unpacking, and finding a place to put EVERY possession for a large family is a pain. The only thing that makes me pity you less, is the fact you have an AWESOME new house. Good luck settling in. Mylie just learned how to walk, and she walks like an android. It is strange to all of a sudden see her toddling past. I hope you can get the tour of your house up on your blog. If not, just take tons of pictures and post them.