Sunday, October 21, 2007

Soundtrack of our Lives or Torture Device

This past Saturday saw our little Fisher clan at the not-so-local library. It was pleasant enough until Calvin had to be carried off the library lawn like a not-so-peaceful protestor. Like when you see pictures of rallies during the mid '60s when the police have to carry a protestor out with an officer on each side - each carrying an arm and a leg? Just close your eyes a moment and imagine my 7 year old and I with Calvin between us.
As you can imagine, it takes some effort to get the crew in the car. And that is when the soundtrack of our lives pushed PLAY...
Lucy: "Does anyone want to hear the story I made up? We can pretend that I'm like the book on CD that mom isn't letting us listen to right now because she thinks it making me sassy. Anyone want to hear me? Huh? Huh? I can read the whole way home?" (for a really long time)
AND...
Calvin (still a little bitter about his carseat confinement after the protest): "WAAAAAAAAAAAAaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHH!" (for a really long time)
AND...
Mackey: "My SHOOOOOOOOOOEEEEEEEEESSSSSSSSSS aren't TIIIIIIGHTTTT enough! MooooooOOOOOOOOOOOOoooooooommmmmm-uh!" (for a really long time)
Jon just looks at me - shock, horror, and dismay evident on his handsome features - and says: "What is this? If they had this noise in Guantanamo, those terrorists would crack in a minute! I would! I'd tell them whatever they wanted to know!"
Rachael - barely registering the noise he is talking about: "Honey, honey...this is just the soundtrack to our lives..."

4 comments:

The Dragonfly said...

We own the same CD. I keep hoping mine gets scratched, but it doesn't. Pretty long you'll be singing along with it and won't even realize you're doing it. :)

Anonymous said...

Oh so true! ;)

Allie said...

Awesome. I was laughing so hard at this post.

Rachael said...

Funny, cuz it's our lives, right?