Thursday, September 13, 2007

Love, Logic, and Preschool In No Particular Order

Hey...anyone out there have an opinion or used "Love and Logic" (http://loveandlogic.com)? I would love your feedback! Please comment. Lucy's school is providing seminars, and I'm considering the seminars or the books on cd.
Also, and no, I don't have pictures yet, Mackey started preschool this week! We slipped him into a great program when someone dropped at the very last moment! Wahoo! I had no idea just how 'competitive' it was (in the most Ashburn, VA kind of way) until I ran into a mom who goes to my church outside the classroom. (Wow! That was a lot of prepositions!) She was stunned that a newbie a) found it out and b) could get in on short notice.
Because they have full-day kindergarten, preschool hours are long to ease transition: 9 am - 2 pm. They even have a nap time! Is that not the cutest thing??? I was commenting to Kim Auch that long preschool hours are bitter-sweet: it's the start of an educational career centered on his spending a long time with other people; and it's nice to have the break. After a week of him being home sick, difficult sick not darling sick, it's less bitter.

3 comments:

The Dragonfly said...

Heck, I'd move to Texas just for all day kindergarten!

Allie said...

Andrew would love to go to a preschool that takes up that much time. He missed the kindergarten cut off by a few months and seems so bored at home.

Rachael said...

I think it will be good for him after he gets used to the long days, but he is WIPED OUT after school. And believe me when I say that he doesn't need any encouragement in grumpiness.