Wednesday, September 5, 2007

Dirty Dancing...Only, Not Really

"I've had the time of my life" in the least Dirty Dancing kind of way possible...
Recently, I went back to my VA stomping grounds to sell off a house full of furniture through Craig's List http://craigslist.com/ (which I HIGHLY recommend) and to Jessie Casillas (always think of me, ok?). Let me just say: the Saturday morning that I flew in, Dawn graciously picked me up, we got muffins at Wegman's, and then said good-bye to all calm that would be had for the rest of the day. Thankfully Dawn would foresee what I could not: I was in way over my head to go it alone. Dawn and her husband, Luis, SAVED MY LIFE - clearing and moving furniture, getting rid of food (there a couple of really happy frat boys out there enjoying a month's worth of groceries and other COOKING accrutements), and going well beyond the extra mile in every way. All this, by the way, after I said that I didn't anticipate needing any help, thank you, and by all means go off and enjoy their Saturday; I'd catch up with them later. HA! Thank you again!
Amidst all the chaos, my parents-in-law and my brother- and sister-in-law schlepped down from Frederick, MD to take their primadonna in-law out to dinner. Because I'd made prior plans and committments (see below), I told them that I didn't have much time between the open house sale and (what comes before Part B?) Part A (partay!). And they were STILL interested in coming down. Isn't that nice? So, here we are in front of Sala Thai http://www.salathaidc.com/menu_ashburn.html. It was great to see them!
The crowning event of my weekend was being privileged to visit with my saintly, rockstar hottie friends that I won't be seeing for a while. Such a great group of ladies - I'm lucky to have kept such good company in my life. And, yeah, that would be me in EVERY SINGLE PICTURE - same cheese-eatin' grin. I tried to change it up, but I wasn't too successful. My friend, Audrey, who just does things well and who had been up since an unholy hour that morning for a bike race - see her link to your right, hosted a great party that gave me an opportunity to see a lot of friends before I went back to Texas. We chatted and had a wonderful time keeping up Audrey's neighbors (who kept spying on us from their windows - hellooo? back-lighting? - probably wondering what a bunch of Mormon mommies could possibly be doing up so late). No fallout, I hope, Audrey??? They gave me a fabulous picture book of Washington, DC, which they all signed ("I promised myself I wasn't going to cry!" - Mike Meyers). Sigh. It would have been a lot more traumatic for me, I think, if I thought I wouldn't be back. But, of course, we'll visit Jon's folks, just up the river in Frederick, MD, so we'll be out. Thank you for your friendship and for reminding me on a monthly basis that I can function on a Friday with 3 hours of sleep! I've been blessed by the friendship of wonderfully inspirational people. Thank you again!

6 comments:

Allie said...

Man, what a weekend for me to go out of town. Your send off at Audrey's looks so fun. By the way, I forced Brooke into the world of blogging so go to my blog for her link.

The Carlsons said...

It was so fun to have everyone at my house to celebrate you. I just wish it wasn't to celebrate you because you were leaving us. I also wish everyone would have stayed later, who cares about the neighbors! And no, they didn't say a thing! How could they...The picture of us does make me look a little crazy! But of course, I am. Miss you tons!! A

Anonymous said...

I won't take offense that you didn't post my picture with you! Love and miss ya....:)!!! remi

Rachael said...

Remi! Be offended...at blogger! I've spent 5 DAYS on this post and it's still messed up (formatting). Pix kept deleting, etc. and then it just posted itself last night after I hit the keyboard. So, thanks for brining it to my attention. Katie's was missing, too. See if you like the new and improved...

Anonymous said...

So fun to see the photos. What a great night to visit. We all miss you very much. Despite Angela's and your suggestions we are still not moving to Texas so hopefully we can continue to keep in touch on a regular basis. See you in April. KB

fat gay men stories said...

One local radio station, 99X, ranlistener contests offering rewards to the first person to spot the robots. A quiver of lust shot through her, wiggled out through her twisting shoulders.
free transgender erotic stories
spanking stories free
animal fuck stories
straitjacket diaper bondage stories
bestiality pregnancy stories
One local radio station, 99X, ranlistener contests offering rewards to the first person to spot the robots. A quiver of lust shot through her, wiggled out through her twisting shoulders.