Saturday, September 1, 2007

I Knew Texas Was Friendly...

This is just a bridge post before I download my VA trip pix to my computer (Jon has my camera...presumably to document his awesome guy status demonstrated by the fact that he brought Mackey with him on the VA road trip).
Because Jon has an expense account for food, we've gotten into a NASTY habit of going out to eat A LOT. We frequent this one place in particular...it's like PF Chang's and Noodle Company had a love child and named it Pei Wei http://peiwei.com/. Seriously, we're there, like, 3 times a week: the whole staff knows my family. ANYWAY, I'm there yesterday - with no expense account - and this delightful lady is eating something that looks new and fabulous. So, I say: "Excuse me, do you mind if I ask what you've ordered?" She politely ya'll...this is my new found glory. PEI WEIreplies: "Of course not; it's the Kung Pao Shrimp. Would you like to try a bite? I will never eat all of this!" And she was so sincere! You could just tell she was a mom who raised her family with a lot of generosity and was accustomed to sharing. Isn't that so nice? Oh, wait! Am I just pre-menstral? No. She was just great.

6 comments:

The Dragonfly said...

You left Virginia too soon! Pei Wei is opening up in Leesburg in about a month! :)

Rachael said...

Have you been to one before? They're awesome! We're absolutely cultish about them!

Jason said...

I think Pei Wei is going in by Wegman's...Or maybe both? :)

It's not too late to move back.

The Dragonfly said...

rachael,
I had a theme for Fridays in the summer - "Fun Fridays" where we'd go and do something out of the ordinary. (No chores or summer school work) The kids liked it and I really looked forward to Fridays too.
Samantha

Anonymous said...

WOW! What a beautiful house. Maybe the girls and I can just come and live with you while Alex is gone. I'm pretty sure its big enough. No really, I am so excited for you guys and you will do a splendid job of decorating. I am hoping to get some ideas from you.
MK

Rachael said...

MK, you're so gracious! When does Alex head out again??? Plan to come a while. We have more space than we know what to do with, but we bought it thinking that we might miss not having a basement...cuz it CERTAINLY didn't have anything to do with expanding our family!