Friday, July 4, 2008

(V)A-Town




SOOOOOOOOO much fun to hang out in Austin this past week - especially when 'A-Town' became (Virginia)A-Town thanks to a visit from Brooke and Justin Allen. We all went out to a wonderful spot for dinner on Lake Travis and chatted up life and VA. Without kids. Thanks to Angela setting up everything...down to a babysitter to corrale our 6 kids. We also went out with Angela's friends and Brooke's agent and they were such a fun couple. And polite as they had to spend half the night listening to all things VA. Here's some pics...
More Angela props: we knew each other in VA in that we ran in similar circles, but we never hung out. We both get down to TX, and the VanDerWerkens are like family. Really. Angela, I know you'll never read this, but YOU'RE THE COOLEST!

10 comments:

The Carlsons said...

I'M WAY JEALOUS! WAY SAD! AND WAY HAPPY FOR ALL OF YOU TO HAVE SPENT TIME TOGETHER!!!! I'D COME VISIT BUT I THINK MY HUSBAND WOULD FREAK!! HOPEFULLY SOME DAY SOON!

Jodie said...

Ditto to Audrey's comment... JEALOUS!

Jason said...

CHiP's called and Ponch wants his sunglasses back. ;)

j/k...Glad you had a good time.

Jessie said...

Water almost came out of my nose when I read the above comment....
Looks like fun fun fun......
Remember when you moved and you said you would be back a lot because of Jon's parents....hmmmmm...I'm still waiting. :)

Jonathan F said...

Jason, you must've been a big fan of the show since you got the whole capitals/lowercase thing right. Alas, comment well-taken. I'll be sure to post in diva glasses next time.

Rachael said...

Whoops. Under Jon's account. Although the idea of him puttin' on the diva makes me laugh. Also, Jessie? If I can ever get my husband to stick around long enough to be with the kids, I'd be back!!!

Jennifer said...

Was Jay's shirt really that Pink/magenta?!? Wow! Thanks for the mention in the blog and BTW your blog is just as good as dooce.com, YOU should be getting ads. Austin loves having you, come swimming and why didn't you go to the lake with us?
Jenniferdial@yahoo.com

Rachael said...

Jennifer, you're so nice. I didn't go to the lake for a couple of reasons: Calvin thinks he's auditioning for the part of 'stunt man' and I'm not 100% sure how rugged I am.

Angela said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Angela said...

Ok, ok, I read the blog already. I just lurk and laugh mostly. But here's your comment from me finally! Although given my own blog silence, don't expect much more :) Oh, and Rachael forgot to say Happy Birthday to Jennifer--she was sneaky and didn't tell anyone until after dinner!

So now that we're getting so many Virginians in town--I call girls weekend in Texas this year! Yeehaw!!!