Thursday, July 10, 2008

90% Mackey

Taking the show on the road is always good fodder for a post or ten. As I contemplate yesterday's events, I recognize a pattern: 90% of my 'stuff' comes from Mackey. That kid is sooo funny. Mostly in a "oh shoot! He can't see me laughing at this very, very naughty behavior" kind of way.

Mackey: "MOM!!! MOM!!!! My goggles are gone!" (This is the Mackey equivalent to 'my right arm is missing!'.)

Me: "I'm so sorry! Let's look for them!" (All cheerful and stuff - which is totally a farce because if I were a billing attorney, I'd make partner for how much time I spend looking for said goggles.)

Mackey: "Ummm...uh...I don't think you're gonna find them. They kindof got flushed down the toilet."

Me (thinking that surely a toilet couldn't handle such a humungous object): "Let's go take a look. I'm not even going to ask how they got in the toilet."

Sure enough: gone. The hotel toilet, in its own defense, could probably suck in a small animal.

So, disappointed, but ready to go to the pool, we head down to the small hotel pool where we've gotten to know 'the regulars'. After fun and wet-time mayhem and eating dinner, we head up to the room to change for errands. Mackey, apparently REALLY excited for Sam's Club, drops trou on the pool deck for all to bask in his naked glory. Mackey, the five year old, not Calvin. Sigh. Matthew McCounaghey is a big naked fan...is it a Texas thing? I've always anticipated talking to my daughter about modesty, but I hadn't planned on my SON having such issues!!!

3 comments:

Jessie said...

I know the feeling of the lost goggles..if I was smart I would get stock in Speedo! We buy a million pairs before the summer is up.
Can't believe they went down the toilet though...too funny. Cute Mackey!!!

The Dragonfly said...

You'd better print this blog out and make a book for Mackey - his future bride is going to love that story!

Jodie said...

I am laughing so hard at your posts, nothing like late night entertainment.