Tuesday, September 15, 2009

Paid to People Watch?

First and foremost, I love people. I love to converse with people, study people, observe people, and yes, even, on occasion, comment on people...mmmmmmmmmm...sociology.
Since I don't think PEOPLEOFWALMART is hiring, I thought maybe I could get a job at Walmart as a greeter. For a month. In the spirit of Morgan Spurlock. And document ALL OF IT. I mean...how hard could the application process be? Teeth? Check. College degr....oh, nevermind, hired.
Can you IMAGINE the stories one would come home with???? I'm giddy with anticipation. Hmmmmm...now if I could just get myself to ask for an...application?...with a straight face...

1 comment:

Brandy said...

Rachel,
True story. Good friend of mine now a multimillionaire, wasn't always. Had a teenage son. Wanted car for teen. Husband said, "No money." She gets job at KMart. Every night for two weeks she leaves husband to figure out dinner and six kids while she heads off to work. Problem Solved.
Love. Brandy