Friday, September 12, 2008

Foot in Mouth Disease and My 10 AM Appointment

Ok...I was NOT casting my line out on a fishing expedition by remarking on the lack of response to the tune up. I'm so hideously embarrassed that that may be how it was construed. AGH! I just thought it was so funny and ironic, and I expected my friends to call me out. I'm all about the 180: plastic surgery, Twilight...I just eat humble pie...well, after I pry my foot free.
ANYWAY...so here's the lowdown on today's appointment...
It's an experience in polite personal humiliation. I had to show a good-looking stranger the things about myself that I would NEVER show anyone else. So, yada yada yada: $15,000 for the full frankenstein. Please, please lemme hear someone else's jaw drop. That's like...a car?! So, this is what ELSE you could get for that price tag...



9 comments:

Heidi said...

Personally, I'd get the car! It's a lot easier to flaunt without getting into trouble.

Heidi said...

Not to mention that it doesn't have quite to same effect on how I feel about myself!! My Chrysler Voyager van holds up to a convertible beetle way better than I hold up to a reconstructed body!!

Allie said...

Oo La La! That is quite a chunk of change. Hmmm, what do you know that turned into a pun. That is expensive. I guess the doctor needs to be keeping up with the Joneses, or the Ewings, or some other guy that just struck some black gold (Texas tea...oil that is).

Rachael said...

Heidi: you would never even be able to tell what they did.
Allie: you belong in TX. Just kindly have Ben get a different job...in Dallas. Not Austin.

Jessie said...

Seriously what in the world are you wanting to get done? You look dang good to me girl!

Tanya said...

15 for a mommy makeover?? Since you don't need it, I'll take it for you! Maybe we could get buddy discounts or something.

Rachel said...

Seriously, what the HECK are you getting done? (or wanting to get done?)

I don't even believe this...Are you "punking" us? :)

Rachael said...

Ok, so here's the deal: it's what LIES BENEATH. (Shudder.) Spandex is the mom to 3's best friend... and purposely deceptive.
But the cheapskate in me can't overlook the car. Especially one that wouldn't have sliding doors.

Jodie said...

WHAT? Texas does go big, ouch!