Sunday, January 27, 2008

Prophet and President Hinckley Dies at 97

After posting such a light-hearted recap of my weekend with the McKinlays, I discovered that Gordon B. Hinckley, BELOVED prophet and president of our church passed away http://www.newsroom.lds.org/ldsnewsroom/eng/. He was an amazing man, and we will miss his guidance, humor, and direction. We are comforted, however, by the knowledge that the Lord will continue to provide revelation through another prophet of His appointing. For more information, please see http://lds.org.

2 comments:

Allie said...

I am so sad for us, and so happy for him. I know he has missed his wife so terribly since she died, and I can't imagine what it must have been like for him to travel so much and so far at his age and to accomplish as much as he has accomplished. I do, however, know with certainty that he is one of the most worthy of entering the next life to hear "Well done, my good and faithful servant." Your post was so eloquent.

Rachael said...

Allie, I so look forward to your posts and comments. Yes, he will indeed hear "well, done..."