Monday, January 7, 2008

Peanut Butter Perfume and Activities NOT to do with a Baby

Something I left out of the Henderwerken post: Angela's and Jodie's accusations of me being flirty.
I have never identified with Jessica Simpson before (reincarnating the daisy dukes, fame outside of her own blog, tons of money), but I think we share the dingbat gene. The poor girl's intentions were constantly taken out of context or her exuberance (perhaps over free food?) mocked http://en.wikiquote.org/wiki/Jessica_Simpson.
I only bring this up because of my peanut butter perfume. I'm chatty. Really, really chatty. If I don't happen to have: my ring on, my three chaperones with me, or bright lights to show off my crinkly-wrinklies, I always have my special mom scent of peanut butter that mitigates the domestic diva and screams "MOM". Thus making comments friendly and not flirty. But, for laughs, here's what J&A thought was so funny:
Target: NYE, we pull up to Target around 7 pm, and I was concerned they might be closed. So INSTEAD OF PARKING AND WALKING UP, I ask the cart-gatherer guy what time Target closed. He responded that it closed at regular time, 10 pm. I told him that I was sorry (that he had to work so late on NYE), and I drove to park. The girls thought that was so funny. It wasn't until 4 hours later that I even understood why.
LifeTime Fitness: Both of my regular readers KNOW that I am a free food afficionado... We were at the LifeTime cafe, and Angela was going to get her employee discount - 20%. The guy behind the desk extended the discount to 50% and let me have the discount as well. Wasn't that nice? So, I was chatty with him and thanked him. For goodness sake, he was young enough to be my very old child if I started VERY early. Ok, not really. Maybe a nephew. But you know what I mean.
And then, things not to do with your baby: build anything from IKEA. I only wish I had the wherewithal to snap a picture of Calvin with a screwdriver amidst the mayhem trying to insert screws with a powertool. Even Mackey, quite the accomplished assistant with his own toolbox, was getting a little frustrated: "Caaaaaalllllviiiiiiiinnnnnn-a! We can't work with you sitting on mom's lap!" and my favorite "Caaaaaallllviiiiiiinnnnnnn-a! The screwdriver isn't a toothbrush!"

6 comments:

The Dragonfly said...

I "Heart" Ikea. My kids could build their stuff because half our home is furnished with it and they've watched me and Travis build so much of the darn stuff! Start em out young!

Anonymous said...

I just feel bad for the poor Target guy who thought he had a hot mama walking him out to his car that night. You're breaking hearts all over Dallas!

Jodie said...

That Target kid did look pretty wide eyed and bushy tailed didn't he!!
How is Mackey feeling? Hope you were able to stay clear from a late night run to the Dr!

Rachael said...

You ladies are FUUUNNNNYYYY. He was like Napolean Dynomite going "Goll, rubbin' it in that I'm working late!"

Allie said...

This post cracked me up, especially the peanut butter perfume line. Did you know that peanut butter has other uses? My kids keep themselves looking young by creating a face mask daily out of peanut butter as they eat lunch. It must do wonders for the skin, because none of them look a day over 7 and a half. I updated my blog, by the way, so you can soon appreciate more of my mishaps in parenting...

Anonymous said...

These are all nice picture but they all everyone is very handsome wish they all the best.