Tuesday, December 25, 2007

Fear and (Self-)Loathing in Dallas Texas

Not that I ever saw the Fear and Loathing movie, but the title always stuck with me...and for good reason after watching my scale climb. More on that later.

While I contemplated a lovely Christmas letter, I realized that it would only capture the highlights that I've already posted this year. So: Merry Christmas. And then there's the loathing post title overshadowing all that's merry right now...

While I have been (way over-) indulging in the spirit (read: carbs and fat) of the season, I've watched the scale go up and up and up. I have worked way too hard for this to just 'happen' (such the victim, right?). I contemplated where exactly my self-control may have been misplaced...perhaps somewhere between my fondness for my homemade artichoke dip or my weakness for any chocolatey candy that comes in a wrapper. Not very bougie; I'm a cheap date. Not even a steady stream of visits to the gym has compensated for the massive increase in junk or newly discoverd love of Elke's http://elkesmarkecafe.com. So, I'm feeling a bit like Adam Sandler's character when he discovers his 'tongue'.

2 comments:

The Dragonfly said...

We let ourselves go during the holidays so we can have something to set a goal about and achieve in the New Year. (I just keep telling myself that over and over - between bites of pie.)

Rachael said...

...says the cute little red head... I just feel like I blinked and my pants are tight!