Tuesday, August 7, 2007

Law Enforcement/Peace Keeper

plano police carThe nicest thing happened to the kids and me today at the DMV. As we all know: nicest thing and DMV are concepts that are usually mutually exclusive. However, not today. I was going into the DMV with the very special three ring circus that is us when a kind police officer helped Mackey open the door for us. And when I say 'us', I mean us sans Jon. We all (not a y'all kind of we all...yet) thanked him and went to stand in line for a ticket to stand in another line. The ticket issued to us was #161. On the screen, they are serving #132. Hyperventilating just a little, I set the posse down and start filling out paperwork. As I finish up, the police officer catches my eye and beckons me over. Of course, I'm thinking: "wow, officer, my kids haven't even begun..." Alas, no, he puts us in the front of the line with a nod and a smile. Talk about keeping the peace...which is nice because it mitigates my experience with the other police officer last week who issued me a big, fat, texas-sized speeding ticket.

No comments: