Thursday, July 19, 2007

Lungs

Because of Calvin's hospital episode in March, I need to be hyper-vigilent about access to medical care. Ugh. I resent that the first thing I need to do in a new place is find out where the closest hospital is and where there is a pediatric pulmonologist. Because, as we know, hyper-vigilent is not a term I, or my daughter, Lucy, would use to describe myself (more on the Lucy part later - Angela got to see the 'no confidence' vote live and in stereo). So, Calvin has been coughing up a lung over the past few days. So, yada yada yada, I'm taking him to a ped pulm here in Frisco. Please wish us the best. I don't think that my non-hearty stock could deal with another stay in the hospital...in a foreign state. Again, wish us well.

3 comments:

The Carlsons said...

Hope all is well. Keep us informed. Also, great job getting Angela to start a blog! A

The Carlsons said...

P.S. Nice picture!

Rachael said...

Well, he didn't go to the hospital, but we spent A LOT of time in the doctor's office doing treatments. Six, yes, 6 prescriptions later, we may be on our road to maintaining. I think he'll be on meds, no matter where we live, for the next couple of years.