Tuesday, July 17, 2007

Justin Timberlake, Anakin Skywalker, and a yucky rainbow

Super quick...You have got to know what my conversations with my kids have been like over the past few days. A little background...Mackey is IN LOVE with STARWARS. Obsessed is understating his affinity. I, on the other hand, really like Justin Timberlake. ReB gave me an edited version of his newest CD http://www.justintimberlake.com/. So, we have been listening to some of my favorites off the CD, particularly Summer Love and What Comes Around Goes Around.
So, we're walking up to the gym (which is only important to underscore the fact that there are witnesses). Although, it is a rockin' gym. And I DESPISE gyms http://www.lifetimefitness.com/ - but I digress...more on that in another blog about fake boobs and biceps the size of my legs.
Mackey and Lucy are having a very spirited conversation about how the Justin Timberlake song What Comes Around Goes Around is a parallel to the Star Wars II movie conflict when Anakin Skywalker finds his mom captured by the sand people and measures out his revenge on them. Etc. Etc. But wait! There's more! So, Summer Love...Starwars connection? Ah, yes. It is apparently like in the beginning of Starwars II when Queen Amidala and Anakin Skywalker fall in their forbidden love. If you need more information, look up this link http://www.starwars.com/ or just ask Mackey when you see him.
Yucky rainbow? As I write this blog, Calvin is apparently creating his very own 'yucky rainbow, mom!' with his Campbell's Chicken and Dumplings soup all over the high chair and, lucky me, rented apartment kitchen table.

No comments: