Thursday, November 8, 2007

I'm THAT Mom

So, I stink at cameras. This was made ABUNDANTLY clear to me over the past week (imagine the cartoon harps playing to signify 'the flashback' sequence)...
Imagine, if you will, that your friend has flown to see you, Halloween's coming, there's a lot going on, etc. One of those things would be Mackey's Halloween parade at his rockin' preschool. So, he's all dressed up, I take pix before we leave AND video! We get to school, they parade, and cameras are flashing like paparazzi around...well...a certain indiscreet starlet. The class goes back to the classroom to pose for a class picture. More parental paparazzi. And then, Mackey looks at me and asks, rather loudly (of course): "Hey, mom, where's your camera? Why didn't you bring your camera?" Um, yeah, no Mother of the Year Awards here. My response? "Um, heh, um, uh, I took all your pictures before we got here! With video!" I felt terrible - what a witch, right? - poor middle kid! I should have thrown Jon under the bus (since he was there, too) and said, "Ugh! That was dad's job!"
Further evidence of my general suckiness with a camera? Said friend to visit? Wanna see the ONLY picture I got to document her visit? Yeah, that's ReBecca BEHIND the skivvies-only candy-sorter, Mackey.
Bad picture-taking aside, Halloween was fine. Lucy was a witch, in spite of my near begging her to be Princess Leah. Calvin was Yoda because we can still boss him around. And with his litle wobble-walk, he was perfect. He was the perfect candy con, too. When he finally figured what was going on, he'd mosey up to the door and stand there with his hand out. People would give him candy, and since 'thank you' is one of his words, they'd just keep giving him more and more.
It was funny, though; we wound up walking quite far away to trick or treat because we only have one neighbor on our street!

1 comment:

The Dragonfly said...

Love the black and white socks!