Friday, November 9, 2007

Big Diva, Lemonade, and a One-Eighty



As I prepare for a Girl Scout Diva Night tonight, I'm reminded that I have been an absolute diva myself...and not in the best way http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Diva. So, if I use my blog to vent my frustrations (which will usually be about public education - anyone who has known me for any length of time knows this is always a hot point for me), I will use my blog to admit when I am wrong or particularly, if my frustrations are ill-placed.
**Sigh**
My child was not "left behind" as previously referenced in another post because of a particular class. I think I was just grumpy. Very grumpy. I will never love how public education has difficulty addressing multiple skill levels in one classroom. But that's not TX; that's the US. Anyway, suffice it say, we are making lemonade out of lemons, and it tastes great. Begrudgingly I will admit that more than academics can be taught at school, and public education doesn't have to break a child's individuality (not always, at least). What?! It's my inner hippie!
Lucy's teacher really adores her, gives her lattitude to spread her wings, and provides her opportunities to develop goodness and character. Yes, ladies and gentlemen, (ok, who am I kidding? I don't think I have any 'gentlmen' readers! Wait, Jason, do you still check in?) this would be a 180 degree turn about.

5 comments:

The Dragonfly said...

You'll be happy to know that even in Virginia (land of good education)our neighbor's son was just told by his teacher, "It's a school rule, we don't recycle."

Jason said...

How could I not follow daily?

Specially when I get a shout out? :)

Rachael said...

Awesome.

Rachael said...

Do you like how I comment on my own blog to make me feel like more people look at it???

Rachael said...

See? I'm up to 5.