Sunday, November 15, 2009

Get in My Belly

Get in My Belly

I think it's because my dad was...is...an entrepreneur: I always root for the little guy. For the small business. Or...correction...the fabulous small business.
A few weeks ago, I had the pleasure of getting acquainted with a mom from Calvin's preschool. We got to talking about running when I mentioned that she should come into the rockstar sports store that I get to work at: CK Sports. She came in, got fitted for shoes...and we talked about, among other sundry things, chocolate. She works in the family business of chocolate. No kidding. That is her job: chocolate. Her brother-in-law is a chocolatier...which I'm assured is different than a musketeer. Even though it rhymes. But, as usual, I digress. So, yes. That is his job title. Could a better job actually exist??? I think not...and that is beside the point.
Anyway, she finishes up and leaves. I'm happier for making a new friend. AND THEN...she brings us (Jacob and I) SAMPLES of her favorite chocolates: bacon chocolate truffle and caliente truffle. I have never tasted a chocolate so distinctively decadent and unique in all my...ahem...29 years of chocolate-admiring. So! I thought I'd share this precious little gem with you. They were recently written up in the Dallas edition of Daily Candy. For those of you not familiar with that website, it's an online review of all things cool and hip and wonderful in a particular region...not just food...and certainly not just candy. So, give it a look-see. And should you feel so inclined? Go ahead and order a box...and feel free to send it to me.

1 comment:

Rachel said...

Everytime I've driven by this store, I have been sorely tempted to go in. Now, I won't be able to stop myself. I have such a love/hate relationship with chocolate.