Sunday, February 15, 2009

Fantastic 5 to Super 6








Props, accolades, awe-inspired worship...bring it. I had twelve 5 and 6 year olds over yesterday to kick it old school and have a birthday party at my house. Please, please. Hold your applause. Lucy was the designated party - Jedi Training Center - assistant. She did a fantastic job. Next year, I'll just put her in charge and kick back with a giant beverage from QT. Minutes before padawan arrival, I begged Jon to run out for the aforementioned 'fod-ee fo' to fuel us for the party. Needless to say, the party went down quite differently from the one I had imaginacted in my head...I'd conjured up all these (in my opinion) really cool training games. All they wanted to do was wrestle and shoot stuff. It was soooo weird! Although, I'm not exactly sure why I expected any differently. It was still fun and nobody had to go to the hospital. Success. Here's some pics. Happy birthday Mack-D.

3 comments:

Allie said...

How fun! That was very brave of you and I am impressed that no one needed stitches! I was so worn out from past birthday parties that I told Maddie that instead of having a party with eight friends at once, she could invite one friend over each friday for the next eight weeks. The best part of that plan, is after week two she forgot all about it! I told Andrew that he could have his "friends party" in the summer, since his birthday is less than a week before Christmas. Unfortunately, he reminds me of this deal daily...

Jessie said...

Happy Birthday! Looks like a very fun 6 year old party! And by the way is he seriously 6!!! Crazy!

The Carlsons said...

thanks for blogging again! And the great entertainment of reading about your kids.

Love ya