Saturday, November 15, 2008

Marathon Training

One would assume that it kindof stinks to train for a big race when you're sleep deprived. And nutrionally unbalanced...I think I ate minicorndogs and sweet potatoe french fries with M&M cookie chasers for dinner last night.
Having said that, it's apparently the right combination for me. I ran further and faster today than I have on other long runs. 16 miles down...only 10.2 to go! What makes me extra awesome? I managed to do it on a treadmill...without going insane. Then again, having a FABULOUS playlist to motivate doesn't hurt either...

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

you rock!! run your heart out.

Theresa

btw- you are the coolest mom

The Carlsons said...

That is just awesome! I've only done 1/2 marathons, but I walk a marathon and a half. I think it's easier to run one! I'll be thinking of you as I keep my bike skills up. I plan on doing a 100k in May which Chris and I = to running a marathon!

P.S. I think your body was grateful for the junk food :-)

brandyvanderson said...

Share your playlist!

Brooke said...

Hmmm, I doubt it is easier to run a marathon than to walk one and a half, maybe you should challenge Audrey to run it with you and see! Just kidding! Good for you, I think it's awesome that you're going to run 26.2 miles...maybe someday I'll do the same!

p.s.--when are you heading to Austin?

Jessica said...

You're awesome!!

Jodie said...

Run an extra mile for me!

Jessie said...

So I have a question for you...do you know who sings that song in the movie Twilight at the very end? I loved it and want to find out who sings it....